Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Black Magic Woman (Dream Stream Take 2)

How can a place so pretty be so cruel? I had a major flare up of troutenvyitis and decided to hit the Dream Stream again last night after work with Ben. Facebook is filling up with MONSTER brown trout supposedly caught in this beautiful yet cold hearted bitch of a river. And I only say that because of what she pulled with me last night.
We started at the bridge and fished our way down. We hit the bridge hole for about half an hour without so much as a bump. I did have a large brown follow me right up to my feet and then turn at the last minute. That gave me false hope. She knew what she was doing. We worked our way downstream as the sun was setting. The river is LOW. Very hard to find deeper water. Especially in the dark. We worked our way down a ways and then came back up to the bridge without a hit.

It was completely dark and with the water being so low we figured we'd just try to get dialed in better at the bridge hole to see what we could snag. For me that managed to be a massive clump of weeds. I pulled my line in and grabbed the clump of weeds with my left hand and brought it up under my head lamp so I could clean my hook off with my right. I noticed the two giant meat hooks in my hands at precisely the same time the freak of nature I had pulled from the depths started moving frantically to get back in the water. My heart was still in my throat when I stopped peeing. I didn't know there were lobster in the Dream Stream. Oooooo you evil woman.....

Big thanks to Ben for not being around at the time and for taking the awesome pic (the only pic) of the trip. I did manage to catch a 6" brown so I didn't get skunked but she got her dig in. I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment