Thursday, August 1, 2013

Rainbow Falls (Alicia's first 20"+ Trout)

Alicia's first 20"+ trout. 21" male. Really nice fish!
Last minute spontaneous trip to Rainbow Falls tonight with Alicia. Been a busy week so far and we found ourselves with a little free time all of a sudden. 40 minutes later we were fishing.

Fishing was really good tonight. Had to change tactics a little but once we started fishing the right caddis it was great action. Alicia is on "The Board" with her first fish over 20"!!! That is a major phase in the development of the sickness. Next step is to get her to start tying flies :-) Oh life just gets better and better.

After giving Alicia a big high five (which was really weird) and putting the camera up it dawned on me that I was on a fishing trip with my Wife and she had caught a bigger fish than I had. "Hey honey, time for a fly change. Let me put something better on for you". he he he he he

Not to be outdone... an hour later I caught the same fish. NO I wasn't trying. Seriously. But we recognized his beat up grill. Technically he was a little bigger when I caught him because he was back feeding for a while after Alicia caught him. I think it shows in the picture too. 

Richard was out with Asia feeding the fish just before dark. What a site that is. Really gets the water boiling. What was already good fishing became just downright unfair and I really didn't feel good about myself. Not bad enough to stop fishing but bad. I'm over it now though and it was a really great trip. A memorable first 20" trout trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment