Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rainbow Falls


Me again - uh decided to hit Rainbow Falls. It's nice to be able to fish on a weeknight. Especially.... ok ok. I really don't want to be known for inventing the blog rerun. You know the drill by now. Rainbow Falls, except this was the second night in a row because the fishing was so good the night before. Ben went up with me this trip. Started at the creek again and it was great, again. Here are the creek pics. The first one is really worth zooming in on (sorry Ben.. too good not to share). Good story behind this one actually.

 I started fishing the second run up and was showing Ben where I had picked them up the night before when on queue I hooked up on a subtle take. Ben laughed and took 10 steps up creek and took a cast and hooked up..... with a nice brown. My Dad and I were just talking the night before that we hadn't pulled a lot of browns out of the creek. I wanted to get a pic. So..... I just took the pic while fighting the fish I hooked which by then, I had figured out was a really nice bow. Got this first snap off and went back to my fight when Ben said that he still had the fish. Refocused and got the second snap. Ben came down and netted my fish. Talk about a first world problem. "Dude, I don't know if I can get a good pic of your big fish that you hooked on your first cast while I'm fighting my big fish that I hooked on my first cast". Really? When you step back and look at it, two week nights in a row of great fishing with great company, you really have to be thankful for the good moments in life. They happen more than we recognize I think.

We forced ourselves off the creek after an hour or so and headed to cougar lake. I've been tying some large Meat Whistles with dumbbell eyes and it turns out pink and red ones are just big fish magnets at Rainbow Falls. You won't catch a ton of fish on them but the ones that eat them are usually pigs. It does feel like you are sailing a rooster though when you cast. If you want to know the materials I've been using let me know and I'd be happy to share. Better hurry though if you want to get in on the action. This guy below has already studied up on the red rooster Meat Whistle and I don't think he'll be fooled again! Imagine looking into those beady little red eyes perched on the hook in the corner of your mouth. I'm going to stop thinking about that now.

We went up to Spring Lake and Elk Lake but things slowed down at 7:45 or so. Not sure why. It was a great sun set. We had the entire place to ourselves. Just can't beat it. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment