Monday, May 27, 2013

Rainbow Falls (Not My Fault)

Pop Quiz: What do you do when your wife says she wants to go fishing two days in a row? Other than nearly choking to death on the bite of french toast you just stuffed in your mouth, you get your arse in gear and head for the hills.

Ah yes! I am creating a monster. Uh and I mean that in the best sense of the word Dear. :-) I think it's safe to say that Alicia has caught the bug. The girls on the other hand..... still working on that.

Back up to Rainbow Falls with Laurie and Marty. We worked our way down Trout Creek almost all the way to Cougar Lake and hit nice fish in almost every hole. Alicia and I traded off each run. I hooked this chunk in very small water. Any sort of holding area is almost certain to hold a nice trout in this creek.

Even a "slow" evening at Rainbow Falls is a good one. We didn't hook up as much as we had the night before but we were catching fish pretty regularly.

We were about to call it an evening and Marty hooked into a beastie. Caddis were coming off like crazy and he stuck this pig on a graphic caddis. He got my attention and I headed up with the net but he managed to slide this gal into his net just as I got up to him. I took this pic and noticed Alicia in the background with a bent rod. Back down the creek with the net! I got there just in time to see a nice bow Alicia had been fighting tail slap the water and spit the hook. For the first time I saw that all too familiar look in Alicia's eye of the sinking feeling that comes with losing a good fish. It was like losing all the big fish I've ever lost all at once. I wanted to dive in and wrestle the finned heart breaker right into a picture with my smiling Alicia. I wanted to tell her it gets easier but we all know it doesn't. But hey, first world problem. 

Great way to wrap up Memorial Day weekend. So thankful for what so many have given to make weekends like this possible.

1 comment:

  1. Was an epic week-end. Last night wasn't as good as Sat night, but was still an awesome time spending it with friends and family. Will have to work on getting Laurie involved, her hands really keep her out of it right now. The Sat night caddis hatch was so great. I lost count of the number I got on a humpy pattern in the top dam hole. Was so AWESOME LOL

    ReplyDelete