Friday, September 6, 2013

Rainbow Falls with Joe V and The Mart

Is the wedding ring still on in this pic? No, not what you think.
Wound up talking fish a bit at work this week. Not necessarily a rare occurance I'll admit. You run into someone you fish with and it's going to happen. Law of physics. This weeks victims were Joe V., a good friend of mine and one of the best Network Engineers I've worked with, and veteran fishing buddy The Mart. Joe lives up the pass so we decided to hit Rainbow Falls after work. Joe has been to RF before but I've never got him just below the falls. I don't like to crowd in on people and we haven't been up there when those runs are open but our luck changed.

I had rigged Joe up a 9' 5wt setup in the garage before we left and threw out the offer as soon as we jumped out of the trucks. Joe was down and he hooked up pretty quickly. Great feeling when you can help someone catch a fish. Joe and I are in the trenches at times during the week and RF is a sweet way to end a week and kick off a weekend. Especially when you can catch fish like this.

We fished most of the Creek and did really well in the lower stretch. Decided to go hog hunting for a while in Cougar but didn't have much luck. I did have a follow by a nice brown but he wouldn't eat. In a month he'll eat it :-) . We hit Elk on the way out for a few more before sunset.

We caught somewhere around 20 fish between the three of us in two hours or so. That my friends is the remedy. Joe is down for a membership next year Richard. You ever think about starting a referral program? :-) Little did I know that Marty had hatched a plan. I didn't think I'd be back so soon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment