Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rainbow Falls (Mom's First Trip)

Finally got Mom out to Rainbow Falls. She hasn't caught too many fish in the last year or so and I was excited to get her hooked into some nice Donaldson. Dad and Alicia were along for the trip as well. Alicia was on camera duty and man am I glad she was. She managed to get some great fishing pics and capture some of the natural beauty at RF. This picture just blows me away. Such a great instant in time.

We started in the usual spot at Spring Lake. After a few casts.......WTF?  That throw anyone off? That's not our usual spot. Everyone knows that. Hey I have to try and keep things interesting. Throw a curve ball every now and then. We started on Trout Creek of course. I do have to say that things were pretty slow which is still great fishing at RF. Just not nearly as hot as it usually is. A lot of fish are moving downstream in Trout Creek. I think the pressure in the popular spots has caused a lot of the big fish to move down. Evidence? Yes, courtesy of my Alicia. Is this not one of the most tantalizing pics I've posted? Love this pic. If you look closely you'll see a trout that is either just a rebel or really confused. These guys are still pretty fresh out of the hatchery though so I'll cut him some slack. He'll get the hang of it.

Back to the fishing. It was pretty slow but we did manage to hook some nice ones. Mom was on a tear for a while hooking up one after the other. Just took a take or two to knock the rust off. She hooked and landed the fish of the Day! Not bad for someone out of practice. Again, great arm extension. What do we call this? Good coaching - yes you are correct. What do you call the haters that complain about a good arm extension? Correct - jealous.

I'll let Alicia's pics do the rest of the talking. Another really memorable evening in the mountains. This is the good life!










No comments:

Post a Comment