Saturday, December 22, 2012

Arkansas River (Pueblo)

Decided to take a solo trip down to Pueblo this afternoon for a few hours of fishing. Wanted to find a closer parking spot to the run I had found last week. Somehow I managed to find a way through the park and a neighborhood to a road that led right down to the river just downstream from where I was fishing last week.

I headed upstream to the run I had missed a 20 incher in the week before and rigged up. There was a guy fishing just upstream from the run but the run was open. I waded out and started getting rigged up. He came down and we started talking. His name was Jeremy. He lives in Pueblo and fishes the Ark every week. We talked about this section of river and how we liked it because of the good runs and lack of people. He asked for some pointers and I gave him a few flies. He said he wanted to watch me fish for a few so I said cool. I waded out to the run and took a cast. I missed a fish on my first cast and hooked on on my second! Love this run! Jeremy offered to take a pick and I'm glad he did. This is one pretty fish.

I stayed in this run for a while and landed another half dozen or so. I wanted to hit the runs down by the train bridge. Every descent run produced at least a take. Probably landed close to 10 descent bows in a few hours. Just what I needed to recover from a stressful week!

Batteries are recharged and I'm ready for the Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment